Monday, November 23, 2009

Broiled Salmon Cakes



Broiled Salmon Cakes

Take a little stroll with me down memory lane with this recipe. It gives me warm fuzzies and makes me think of my momma. Although she'd fry them up in a skillet, I prefer to broil them.

I'm not a big fan of fishy grease splattering everywhere and the house reeking of salmon for days, as frying them in a skillet tends to permeate the house more IMO. Just sayin'

Ingredients

1 can (14-15 ounce) Salmon, (drain, skin & de-bone)
1 lightly beaten egg
¼ cup dried whole wheat bread crumbs
¼ cup low-fat or light mayonnaise
¼ cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (cause I’m a Maryland girl and all y‘all)

Directions

Flake salmon in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and shape into 6 patties. I line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with Crisco’s Olive Oil cooking spray. Broil 7-8 minutes per side in a preheated oven until golden brown.

I like to serve with mashers and California Medley (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) or for breakfast/brunch with grits (again, I’m from Maryland).
 
Bon Appetite!

7 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a recipe for salmon cakes. My mother-in-law can make the best so I was kind of jealous. But now... Bat will be so proud!
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just took a little "scroll" through your blog. You have great content and useful info.

    Nice work. You are now on my Google Reader list for sure.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vickie, hope you guys enjoy!
    @Rookie Cookie, thanks so much for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering about you -haven't heard from you. Hope you are well and just enjoying the Christmas season.
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yummy!! I love salmon cakes and this recipe sounds like a great one!
    Hugs,
    Penny
    p.s. thanks for the sweet comment on my powder room post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Vickie, so sweet of you to ask. Been a little busy around the nest here, but I'm getting back on track.

    @Penny, it is indeed a good one! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Saw the name of your blog on another blog and loved it so I had to come check it out and say HI!! I love roosters, too, though I do control myself so I don't have a rooster on every bare inch of space!

    My Mom made these, too! Thanks for bringing back the memory!!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete